January 14, 2014

2013 summed up

As we turn a page into a new year, and a new chapter, most of us reflect on the year behind us. It's rarely all good; but rarely all bad either. Here's a few high and low lights of my 2013.

January signifies birthdays for 3 of my boys. January of 2013 they turned 11, 15 and 19. My first born turned 21 in July! How time flies.

March was the month we decided we'd had enough of our excess fat. I joined Slimming World (once again) and the much more determined journey began. Gavin joined in at home and we made progress immediately! By November we had both lost 3½ stone (49lbs/22kgs) each!! Dropped a few clothes sizes and began to feel 'normal' again. We wouldn't have done it without the solid support of each other... and of course and my fab Slimming World consultant who kept me focussed when I needed it (Thanks Sam! x).

We had a few new members of the family arrive during 2013 too! In April our nephew, Hunter was born! July welcomed our great niece, Annabel and very soon after in August, our great nephew Milo joined us! ☺ Lotsa babies!!

June. Gavin and I celebrated our 7th wedding anniversary! I love him so much!

August was my birthday. My 40th birthday to be exact!! I had a great day; as I was determined to do so. I had my 'OMG I'm going to be 40' melt-down shortly after my 39th birthday, so it was well out of the way for spoiling things. I loved every minute of my day ☺♥

August was the beginning of a short but nerve-racking experience. I had a recurrence of some sensory/nerve issues earlier in the year and was sent back to my neurologist for some further tests. September, I had nerve conduction studies and an electromyography, neither which were very pleasant! Followed by the all important MRI scan. October had me going back to see the neurologist for my results. I was told I have Relapsing Remitting Multiple Sclerosis (RRMS). I blogged about this HERE if you missed it ☺

September saw my youngest son move from primary to secondary school! This has happened way too soon...lol. It doesn't seem that long ago that he was starting school! 

October found me in a new job! ☺ 

And November gave me good news about my back. I've had pain in my back for such a long time but an MRI (yes, another one) showed nothing of any concern. It's definitely a muscular issue and not nerve or skeletal which is good for me as there's no surgery involved just hard work trying to get it working properly again.

...and that's about it. That sums up my 2013!

So what are my 2014's resolutions?
  • To try and be more optimistic or is that less pessimistic?
  • To get fit. Starting with a swimming membership in January.
  • Learn more about MS.
  • Crochet more....heehee!


Wishing you a very happy and healthy new year!